DISCLOSURE STATEMENT: All posts may contain affiliate links. These are kinda cool; they allow me to earn money for all of the time I put into this blog. So feel free to click and find something you'd like to check out! I do my best to make sure that each link is to something I support or personally use.
Whether you are a work from, stay at home, work outside the home these truths are about all busy moms!
- We are, first and foremost, moms. No matter how you slice it we are MOMS! We meet the teachers, “bake” cookies, remind our kids to shower, brush their teeth and sometimes show up to meetings with Nutella on our shirts (so, guilt of this). It’s our thing.
- We’re more than just moms. Yes, our kids are top priority, but we are more than just a mom. We have passion, hobbies, interest, careers, and dreams. While raising my children, I went to culinary school and trained am a certified Pastry and Arts Chef. I am top anywhere near being a master of my art but finishing something that I started just makes my kids know that anything is possible.
- “Modern Family”. A family is a family, whether it is two people or twelve. Single parents, two parents, grandma, aunt “sue” blended family, it doesn’t matter. Two people is all you need to make a family.
- There is no such thing as a balanced life for us. This lie needs to be debunked. If you are giving 100% to one you can’t be possibly giving 100% to another, and that is perfectly fine if you cut yourself some slack. It’s a daily juggling act, and we get better at it by planning, organizing and asking for help.
- Sometimes we need a kid free moment. Yes, you read that correctly KID FREE! Even if it means waking 30 minutes before the chaos begins. I wake up at 530am so that I can have my cup of coffee and get myself mentally ready for when the kids wake up.
- We get tired. Ugghhh, who wants that. No matter what people may think being a mom doesn’t make us superhuman, even though that we may try to act like it. We need time to regroup, reset and breath.
- We keep on going. I love the movie Finding Nemo, favorite line is “keep on swimming”. That is a mom motto/mantra. No matter what we keep on going, sick, healthy, tired, hungry, thirsty, there is no stopping a MOM!
These are the simple truths about being a mom. We are always balancing our lives our needs with those who we love the most in the world.